An Unexpected Gift

>> Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Two nights ago, an unexpected message from my sister came on my cellphone. My sister ominously asked if I have load. I thought maybe she wants to talk about something and I was right. I learned from her that she was 7 weeks pregnant. I was like shocked, happy and resentful all at the same time because I kinda expected that sooner or later she will get pregnant because she is sleeping with her boyfriend. Anyway, after about 5 seconds i was aghast, and everything sank in, she asked for my opinion.
I am as always at her side of course, and at this time what I can only give is my piece of advice because obviously she was distraught. She didn't know how to break the news to our parents. I told her they have the right to know, she has to expect the normal reaction of parents when they learn that their only daughter gets pregnant. They can get angry but eventually they will understand.
For me, it was okay, because I'll have a nephew or niece now. Am I that old already? wow. Time really flies fast, we were still playing outside oblivious to the scorching heat of the sun yesterday, today, she's pregnant, tomorrow I'll be an uncle. I just pray that everything goes well for my sister and my family.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP