The saddest song I've ever heard

>> Sunday, May 9, 2010

So after a very long hiatus, I'm back for more articles. So...why the long hiatus you say? it's just this...I've been in this path...downward...more like of a quicksand, since I started working, and was lost, now...I'm still working my way back, slowly, one step at a time. I'll not elaborate this path further but I should say, It's nothing serious. So on with my article.

I was surfing comingsoon.net when I stumbled upon "Tales from Earthsea". It somehow rang a bell, because I loved Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea series, I was suddenly excited to see what this is about. And then I learned that the son of the famous Hayao Miyazaki, director of the award-winning Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away, Goro Miyazaki was the director of this stunning anime. Though Ursula K. Le Guin herself did not approve of this anime, still I think this was worth watching.

There was a scene in the movie where the character Teru, was singing this amazingly sorrowful song. I was like hypnotized by it more when I found the lyrics and what it meant (because it was japanese)...I feel that every time I listen to it, I am at peace yet an overwhelming feeling of sadness rushes in afterwards. Somehow the thought of a solitary life is sad...but the premise at the end of the song suggests hope. It is a wonderful song indeed. Here it is...the song Teru no Uta (Teru's song) from Gedo Senki (Tales from Earthsea), hope you like it.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP