The Proposition of Cowardice

>> Monday, October 6, 2008

When someone says you are a coward, how will you react? I have been told that I was a coward many times before, more by myself than any other person that I have talked to. I have realized this weakness a long time ago, but I guess I was really too ignobly timid to face it. I stayed static for too long. Idle and apathetic. But when someone budges you to move forward, you gain momentum. I was moved when my friend slapped the truth right into my face. Like an epiphany, it was somehow painful, not because the truth always hurt, but because someone close to my heart brought an issue I always avoided. And it was somehow good, because I took it constructively. I never sulked after that, instead I took it as a dare. A challenge to myself, And now every time I feel I am hesitant about making a decision, I always tell myself, "are you really a coward Paul?" which then jump starts me to move forward. Quite the contrary, it was still an insult to my ego, but that's the truth, and I am proud that I have real friends who doesn't bother telling something harsh just to insult me but to raise me up and offer a helping hand to move me back to my senses.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP