Book Review: The Servant of the Shard by R.A. Salvatore

>> Friday, August 8, 2008


I have read this book a long time ago, but unfortunately I was'nt able to finish it because I listened from a bad critic from a cousin who owned the book. When the thought of making a novel of my own came to me, I decided to read it again from the start.

The novel was kinda confusing from the start, bombarding the reader with so many information on the characters and the lands of the forgotten realm. Now, if you are a novice to the forgotten realms then you'll wonder about it alot. But it's a mere scratch I should say, one can hit the wiki with all the information about it or continue on reading and focus with the story. The story-telling prowess of Salvatore is great and he enthralls readers with the complete detail of fight scenes in his novel. He remained true with the identities of the characters and the racial disparities, and the plot was wittingly devised. I can't wait to read the other two novels of a trilogy that tells the journey of the unusual alliance of Artemis and Jarlaxle. I give this novel four stars our of five.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP