Dungeon Seige should stay as a game

>> Friday, August 8, 2008


Last night I was able to buy a dvd of "In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Seige Tale". I had high hopes for this movie, well, as a gamer, I have been seeing alot of ads about this movie. I expected it to be more than just the beautiful teasers, but to my dismay, it was a trying-hard-to-compare-itself-with-the-lord-of-the-rings movie. Well, it cannot be helped that recent fantasy movies are being compared to the Lord of the Rings, because, let's face it, Tolkien started it all. Maybe I am just looking for something fresh, unique and rich in plot or story. The movie obviously has a weak storyline, the plot cannot give justice to its richly rendered CGIs. The cast was good, their acting was good enough, but I was constantly looking for superb jaw-dropping battle scenes. Maybe if the story was compelling enough it would be different. Another thing would be the sound editing, it is just terrible and annoying. I thought when I bought this, it would be a feel good experience but I think Eragon was way better than this movie, to think that Eragon didn't make it to the box-office list of great movies. It failed to rouse my attention, so I give it a 1 and a half star, out of 5 stars.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP